Lennox Head Vet Clinic (LHVC) is licensed to provide medical and surgical care for small animals, exotic pets and pocket pets. Our Northern Rivers veterinary clinic is equipped for emergency services, as well as modern facilities to ensure your pet receives the best care possible. LHVC provides veterinary services to Ballina, Alstonville, Byron Bay and Suffolk Park, as well as Lennox Head.
To make an appointment for your pet, please phone the clinic. For emergency cases, please phone ahead so we may prep the clinic for your arrival.
General Veterinary Services
Evan and the support team at LHVC provide a comprehensive range of general animal care services. We provide preventative and diagnostic treatments for cats and dogs, as well as reptiles, birds, rabbits, rodents, ferrets and exotic species. This includes vaccinations, micro- chipping and heartworm prevention.
We provide soft tissue and orthopaedic surgical services onsite. If your pet presents with a serious condition that requires more extensive or unusual surgery, Evan will provide a referral for a specialist surgeon. LHVC has their own intensive care facilities, with separate hospital areas for dogs and cats.
Our clinic also provides:
- Behavioural consultations and referrals
- General medicine
- Flea, tick and parasite control products
- In-house pathology, including biochemistry, serology and specific diagnostic test-kits
- Vaccinations for dogs, cats and rabbits
- Desexing and DNA bird sexing
- Puppy pre-school
- Cat clipping under sedation
- Pet care advice and information
- Pet foods and supplements
- Pet care accessories
- Local pick-up and drop off (for clients with mobility issues only)
To ensure the best health for your pet, we recommend regular check-ups. Contact the clinic to book a consultation.
In addition to connecting pet owners with compassionate staff, LHVC has gone to great lengths to ensure our clinic is equipped to provide the best care possible. We are open six days a week (excluding public holidays), offer 24-hour emergency care and consultations by appointment.
Lennox Head Vet Clinic has an air-conditioned hospital with fully qualified vet nursing staff. Our hospital is split to cater for dogs and cats separately, reducing stress for your pet. Our clinic provides comprehensive veterinary services to pets and wildlife throughout the Northern Rivers region. Our staff are happy to provide friendly advice and pet care information for all small animals, birds, reptiles and pocket pets.
Please note - we require all pets to be restrained prior to them entering the clinic. This is for their own (and others) safety, as well as a legal requirement. If you do not have a carrier or leash available, we may be able to provide one for you. Contact the clinic for more information.
- Fully qualified nursing staff
- Open 6 days a week
- 24-hour emergency services
- Consultations by appointment
Specialist Equipment, Facilities & Services
To provide first-rate care, we needed a first-rate hospital. Lennox Head Vet Clinic and hospital has been equipped to deal with a variety of animal health issues and veterinary services. We have digital x-ray facilities for instant x-rays, which can also be emailed with referrals when needed. Our clinic also has oxygen-generating anaesthetic equipment, which provides continuous oxygen support for animals requiring anaesthesia or long-term intensive care.
Our facilities include:
- In-house diagnostic tests and state-of-the-art biochemistry with on-the-spot results for heartworm disease, feline leukaemia virus, feline aids virus, canine parvovirus, Giardia, canine and feline pancreatitis.
- Anaesthetic monitoring facilities for respiration, blood pressure, arterial oxygen saturation and expired CO2 levels to maximise safety if your pet requires surgery and intensive care
- Instant high quality digital x-ray facilities to help with rapid diagnoses and specialist radiographic referrals
- Two intensive care oxygen cages for post-surgical recovery, tick and snake evenomation support or trauma support
- Surgical facilities for soft tissue and orthopaedic conditions for all species.
- New stainless steel hospital cages to ensure the most hygienic care should your pet need to stay with us
- Separate cat hospital facilities with no barking dogs; this minimises stress for our feline patients
- Hydrobath facilities for dogs; you can either use the facilities yourself or one of our friendly staff can help you
At Lennox Head Vet Clinic, we carefully assess the condition of your animal before making recommendations for further care, and base our treatment plans on what is best for both you and your pet. In emergency situations, we are equipped to provide care 24-hours-a-day.
Wildlife Medicine & Surgery
Lennox Head Vet Clinic is equipped to provide medical care, emergency care and surgical services for local wildlife. Practice owner Evan provides pro-bono care and advice to all local wildlife carer groups, including the National Parks service and Australian Seabird Rescue.
If you find injured wildlife, please contact the following groups:
- Wildlife Information and Rescue (WIRES) (02) 6628 1898
- Ballina Seabird Rescue (02) 6686 2852
- Northern Rivers Wildlife Service (NRWS) (02) 6628 1866
- NSW Parks and Wildlife (02) 6620 9300
Or phone our emergency line on (02) 6687 5123 for advice.